Two thousand yearshave passed since Jesus Christ presented the Gospel of the Kingdom of God to the rulers and peoples of the world.After all that time, have we lost any of His teachings?It seems so! We find that today's gospel message, taught Sunday by Sunday, differs from the one originally presented by Jesus Christ and His apostles. We are preparing a series of free public talks that will present the Faith Once Delivered and reveal some significant fundamental differences found in modern theology. Join with those who want to know what that original faith was, what happened to it and how it became altered. Reference materials will be provided without charge. A good understanding of the gospel message, as the Early New Testament Church understood it, will enhance our walk of faith.
Grand Junction Open Public Bible Studies 2016
When and Where?
The monthly Bible studies are held at E and 32 Rd, north west corner. (Eastmeadow Hall)
To be informed of meeting dates by EMAIL please notify us at email@example.com or listen to "BORN TO WIN" at 7AM and 10 AM Sundays on KNZZ 1100 AM.
Next study: Second Tuesday of each month, 7 pm
TOPICS: Bring your questions or we'll cover one or two of these:
What are the prerequisites to baptism?
Passover - is it for Christians?
After grace, what value are 'works'?
What Holy Days did the Church first observe, and what happened to them?
Does Hell await the unconverted sinner?
What happens after we die?
Question and answer session
Some Future Topics to be Covered:
Salvation - is there another life beyond?What will it be like?
Today's "life after death" model - where did it come from? Is it true?
Death - then what?
Salvation - why do we need it?
The Christian Bible - is it really holy?
The Christian Bible - can we base our beliefs on any other book?
The Christian Bible - can we prove it is the Word of God?
Holidays or Biblical Holydays; what is the difference, and does it matter?
The Law of God - is it a curse?
Covenant - Testament what's the difference?
Who is the The God of the Old Testament?
Laws, Statutes, Ordinances - Too Many Rules?
Why animal sacrifices?
Grace - do we really understand what it is?
Faith - what is it? - where do we get it? - can we create our own?
What is a soul? ... then what is a spirit?
Are non-Christians 'lost'?
What about the humanity who died without 'knowing Christ'?
What is the use of keeping all of God's Sabbaths? What are they?
Is sex sin?
Does Hell await the unconverted sinner?
What is the reward of the Saved?
The Holy days - whose are we keeping?
What scriptures were used by the early church?
What is a CHURCH, anyway?
Christianity changed - why? Who did this?
Why all the bible references to Israel?
Why does Paul talk of the "Israel of God"?
How does God know who His People are?
Should we keep ALL His commandments or just the reasonable ones?
Does the sixth commandment mean we can not defend ourselves with deadly force?
Water baptism: how and why?
The Old Covenant: why didn't it work?
The New Covenant: what is it, will it work and why?
Does God force people to Love Him?
Conversion: is it sudden and complete?
Why does Jesus say the meek will inherit the Earth?
Whom should we obey, Jesus or Mithras?
1. What actually happens when we die?
2. Why is there more than one resurrection of the dead mentioned in the Bible?
3. When sinners die, do they cease to exist, go to a place of eternal punishment, or is there something else that happens to them?
4. When the righteous die, do they immediately go to heaven to claim their reward or is there something else that happens before this event?
5. When infants and young children die are they immediately granted eternal life?
6. What happens as the righteous of all ages rise to meet Christ in the clouds above the earth?
7. After all of the righteous have been taken from the earth and only the righteous remain, what will stop God from destroying the earth and the rest of humanity?
8. Those who hear Christ's words (i.e., his word) and believe what he says will have eternal life. What about those who have never heard his words?
9. Is today the only day of salvation? Have God the father and Jesus Christ been trying to save all of humanity from the time of Adam to this present day?
10. There is no doubt that each person will have an opportunity to obey God's code of righteous conduct.
11. One of the terms of the agreement at Mount Sinai was that the people would obey the creator’s words, and, if they did obey, they would receive a tremendous blessing. However, if all things were predetermined, why would God make an agreement which had terms and conditions attached to it?